Monday, July 9, 2012

Breast Cancer Plaques: Peace through the Journey

I recently sold some wall plaques to our local hospital's gift shop manager. She asked me if I could write something for breast cancer patients as she works with Kentucky Connections, a resource agency for these women. She offered to let me bring several to her booth to sell at our town's Twilight Festival in the following month. I wrote the prayer, "Peace through the Journey" and put it on the pink plaques that represent breast cancer awareness.
In the midst of making these plaques I had an abnormal mammogram. I am still waiting on results of further testing and I can tell you that while my strength comes from the Lord and as much as I know He is in control, I still need prayers and support. I can only imagine the journey these women must face. Also during the development of these plaques a dear friend of ours had surgery for breast cancer. She was my first recipient of a plaque. Her response to these words validated my prayer for these plaques to touch women's hearts and offer them a source of strength to endure the battle...


(Click on the picture to enlarge.)


"Peace through the Journey" plaques are available in the 5x5 size as shown for $7.00 each (plus KY sales tax for individuals/no tax for resellers).. plus shipping if mailed.


7x7 plaques are $10.00 each. Both sizes come ready to hang. Also work well on easels.


Contact me at LCain43@windstream.net or see a complete listing of plaques on my "ordering/contact info" post from May 2012 for additional information. (Or just keep scrolling down the page...)


*Praising God that my tests came back "probable cyst." Recheck 6 months. My heart is with the ones who weren't so fortunate as I...

1 comment: